Geocache: Roadside cross

In Hungary many geocachers started to mark all the roadside crosses with a geocache. As I'm driving a lot around in many countries I started to keep an eye open to these crosses. I knew there were a fews, but now that I look for them I had to see how many there are. Here is one of the hides below.

The geocache

The hides are mostly park and grab hides, which is fine, and many tourists love them as they are on the move and can just stop for a quick break pick a geocache and move on.

The cross
As I saw how many of these crosses got a hide I decided to find them and help in. I have a nephew in town who enjoys going out to find some geocaches with me each time I'm in town and have the time to go. First we headed south and picked some of the geocaches then back in the car and let's go towards small, off the main villages and find some crosses. I'll write a different post on the hides later, but it wasn't too difficult to find some for sure, almost if not all village has one in them or close by.

The geocache hiding under the rock next to a tree.
How many different ways can you hide a PET preform? How many places can you put it to be safe from muggles? These are the questions that comes up when placing the geocaches. When one decides to hide some, the options are unlimited, but still you think if you should copy a previously seen hide or come up with some unique. As the whole concept of placing containers at the roadside crosses all across Hungary is to mark these historical points and has something to show, I believe the only thing that matters is that it is well maintained or safe enough to keep them available for a long time.

Many thanks for the CO for this hide, and many thanks for the first who came up with the idea of placing a container close to all these crosses.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geocache: Tree branch

Geocache: Get the film out of the pipe

Geocache: Underground TB Hotel