Geocache: Autobahn cache #3

Driving on A3 in Germany is not always fun, so far I cannot recall when the whole autobahn was without any closed lane, the only fun you can count on is that there are many geocaches hidden along this autobahn.

Tiny film box on the rock.
Most autobahn geocaches are placed with the intention of park and grab; just like this one. In some cases they are planned to be P&G but the coordinates are a bit off or your GPS is showing wrong coordinates. That is not a big problem unless the parking you stopped is full with muggles. When we pulled into this parking I did not even know if there was a geocache, I just felt tired and my eyes needed some rest. We parked I saw a few muggles, rested a bit and wait a second... We mostly stop at big parking lots and the chance of stopping at this same again is really low, so let me quickly take a look around. My lucky day again, we parked less than 20 meters from the geocache.

The rocks, one of them gives shades to the geocache.
Also lucky that the way we parked was covering the area from the muggles so we could just be free enjoy the search. The coordinates took me to a huge traffic sign, but nothing on it, it happens. It happens more often, sometimes I believe that my phone, hm. phones get it wrong. But all I need to do is make the circle bigger and read a few logs and then find the container.

Hiding under the rock.
I was thinking what makes one of these film box hides keep the log dry and what makes them wet. This one had many signatures in the log, no extra protection and still dry, is it because it is under a rock? I found similar before with wet log. Is it a different type of cap used on them? Is the geocachers being more careful when closing them? I might never know, but for sure I'll keep on having unanswered questions.

Thanks for the CO for the hide, and I'll keep on adding more smiley to the A3 autobahn in Germany, and if there will be no more we'll switch to a different autobahn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geocache: Tree branch

Geocache: Get the film out of the pipe

Geocache: Underground TB Hotel