Geocache: Safety rail #3

I'm curious if I will reach on these typical hides a three digit number. Here is the next one, this time it was closer to some urban area, at a crossing with a stop sign.

Hiding in the safety rail
In the USA I mostly found pill boxes, some just had a magnet stick to it some camouflaged with the silver tape, just like this one. It must be out there for a longer time by now if you look at how much it is impacted by the weather and geocachers.

The safety rail and the stop sign
When I looked at this picture later back at the hotel I could not stop thinking of how did that stop sign got kicked out of its vertical position? Was it a geocacher who only plays park and grab and had to stop right on the X? Was it simply a slippery morning when someone could not stop and needed the sign to help in?

My cachemobile parking there
It did not rain in the area for a few days all ditches were dry. Not sure if a dry period is the best for me in the Memphis area as it was so hot and sunny that every day I went out to the sun I got burned.
If you look at the picture above you can see the red cachemobile I used on this trip, one of my worst rent so far, not that I had too much choice, and it was working all fine, just on the day when I drove a bit further to get to an event and to get to a power trail I had to realize how lazy I became since my car at home has a cruise control. This one did not have so I had to watch the speed and of course there were police out on the roads.

Some water between the rocks
I kept on talking about how hot and sunny the weather on this trip, that on the last evening I got a nice shower while finishing some shopping at the local huge store with a name starting W. When you have your own geocache hides that gives you an opportunity to see how weather conditions influence the condition of a geocache. I had a few which I had to repair or replace as weather started to work on them really hard. I'm currently experimenting with pens, I love to place a pen into my geocaches even when they are micro containers. But then the question is will it work when a geocacher arrives? Will it work in hot summer? Will it work in cold, freezing winter? I have many different pens out in my geocaches and when I go back to do maintenance I always check if they are still working, one day I might have some post on what pen to use to get the best results. If you have access to any funny pens that could fit in a container I recommend you do the same and share the results. Of course there will be pens going missing in action as there are always geocachers and muggles who need them urgently.

Sunrise
This geocahce I found early in the morning, at least it was early for the locals as I did not really meet any cars or anyone out on the streets. Each place has its best time to go for geocaching if you do not want to spend too much time doing the stealth search, so far what I found that most countries are sleeping at least till 10am, so to go for those geocaches where the muggles are indicated to be active I prefer to go before that time. When I'm travelling and there are geocaches in reach sometimes I go out at 5am or as soon as some light is coming up.

The stop sign
Here is a last picture of the stop sign and a house from the neighborhood, and the nicely cut grass in front.

Many thanks for the CO for this hide. The hide itself was not too much of a search or fun, but as the area was not overloaded with many many geocaches it gave me the opportunity to drive around the neigborhood to this location and see how people live around here and how the architetcure is in this area. Don't forget it is not always the geocache that is fun, but the road to it can also be enjoyed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geocache: Tree branch

Geocache: Get the film out of the pipe

Geocache: Underground TB Hotel