Geocache: Ammo box at the cemetery

Isn't placing an ammo box at a cemetery a bit ironic? Ammo is designed to kill, so to me it is. My last day on a sunny morning in Mississippi and my goal was to find as many regular sized geocaches as I could, and most of them turned out to be ammo boxes.

Not hiding to much, just there...
I limited my map view on the geocaches that were to be easier and bigger in size, then I drove by those caches and if not many muggles were present I parked and started the search. Most of them were just like this one, park get out of the car and spot it, open, log, close, take pictures for the blog, and on the way to the next one.

On other geocaching days when I would go for an area to get that cleaned I could collect a lot more geocaches on a single day, but on this morning I decided let's get to know the Memphis area better, this geocache was still in Southaven, Mississippi, which is another state. While driving around I even stopped at a coffee place other the Starbucks which I'm bored with.

A zoomed out picture of the geocache
The location was an easy one, lots of parking zero muggles, just what you need when you go geocaching all by yourself. Any of you reading my blogs go on your own? I do it mostly when on business trip and I have some time to burn, and the weather is acceptable. This day it was really hot, but a cold ice coffee helped me on the way.

The cemetery behind the gates
Some small concern I still had while signing the log at this geocache. I just recently read that it is against the law to organize any games or fun events at cemeteries and their neighborhood. I was not sure it is only for given states or to all states, but it was there, I logged fast and on the move before anyone could have asked me.

This is what you could see from the geocache
On busier days there could be heavy traffic on the road passing by, but I'm sure as I parked my car no one would spot me logging. On days when you are far away from home I just prefer quick finds, but I also try to find geocaches that are typical for the given area, or not typical where I live. The benefits of hiding bigger geocaches is that it stays cleaner and the log stays in better shape over time. I also started to hide bigger containers on my hiding area, but in some countries it is just not that easy.

Many thanks for the CO for this hide, and I hope to be back in the area later to continue to collect bigger geocaches, and maybe add more smileys to Arkansas which is just over the Mississippi river.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geocache: Tree branch

Geocache: Get the film out of the pipe

Geocache: Underground TB Hotel