Geocahe: hanging plastic nano

As recently I'm planning to place more caches in a city, I was thinking on other ways to use my plastic vials, and I have a lots of them. Of course I need to plan for muggles, so each differnet hiding technics I'll make multiple ones of.

Today's one is to hang in traffic signs, signs in parks, etc.


Hanging plastic nanos
If you want to create one, or need some of these, here are the more detailed instructions:


Ingredients with an eastern egg.
What you need is shown above:

  • a nano plastic vial
  • a logroll fitting into the vial
  • a metal wire, strong enough to hold it and that can stick to a magnet (this is crucial in case someone drops the nano into the pipe it is hanging in)
  • a piece of heat shrinking tube to hold it all together
First you need pliers to make the tube big enough to easily pull on the tube with the wire.

Use the pliers to make the tube big enough.
The with another type of pliers I bend the wire to comfortably fit around the vial.

Shaping the wire

This is the final shape I use
The above shape turned out to the be thest so far, it reaches almost all around the vial and has that small jump out at the edge of the vial. This way it is holding on better and it is not in the way for the cachers while they open the vial.

Adjust as needed to sit close to the vial


Heat shrink tube pulled over the wire and the vial
I did not make any pictures of how to heat up the tube, I just used a small torch.
Assemble it together
As for special sizes there are no orderable logbooks/logrolls, I just make them myself. I like to make them a bit colorful to make it a bit more unique, and also on the top part I have the geocaching intro without the section about the trackables as no one fits in these.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geocache: Tree branch

Geocache: Get the film out of the pipe

Geocache: Underground TB Hotel