Geocache: At the temple

Thanks to my work I have a chance to visit different countries far away. This helps with my geocaching statistics a lot, adding new countries, increasing distances, etc. I'm still in Taiwan when I pull this blog together and second day I had a chance to go out after work and visited many places, used the public transport instead of taxis which is always more fun.

The geocache and its surrounding

After a quick visit to one of the night market with my local tour guide I asked her how about a geocache for today, and of course did not need to convince at all (maybe one day she'll start playing as she enjoys the game). So I open up the app on my phone, let's see, oh closest is only a km away, let's go, this is when you come across all different scenarios, how to cross a street with twelve lanes as an example, not sure they were supposed to be so many, but the locals used it more like that.

So this cache is next to a temple call Jiantan Fu Zheng Temple. See some pictures here:

It is good to see that with all the modern life right around it
they kept this temple in good condition.

As it was after sunset it was not easy to find the right angle.

High detail level on decoration
as they do at this part of the world on temples.
Finding the temple was not so hard, but as a good geocacher I always try to go the easiest looking way which is mostly a: "Oh no, a fence, climb or go around, let's go around" after 10 minutes going around: "oh there was an open gate on the fence 5 meters further ... hm next time". This time we climbed many stairs uphill, then downhill however we could have just walked up to the cache location.

With the description and the spoiler image it took a few minutes in the dark to find the place where the cache was hiding.

A little magnetic container inside the metal structure.
To be honest I did not check where the stairs going under were leading.
And then the container, just a closeup:

Taiwan is full with options for containers, here is an example.
Just to add one of the wall decorations next to the cache here are some bulls, or cows, not sure, I let you decide.

Wall decoration, there were more around.

After the successful find we headed back to the closest metro station and the I was on my way to the hotel, let's see what the next day has to offer in geocaches.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geocache: Tree branch

Geocache: Get the film out of the pipe

Geocache: Underground TB Hotel