Geocache: under the bench at night

This one was the first find on a trip to Taiwan. There are not too many geocaches in Taiwan and I was staying at a hotel outside the downtown area in Taipei. Last time the one I went from the hotel after arrival was about 2 km walk, one way. Since the last visit thanks to a geocacher this one showed up on the map within 1 km. So after a quick dinner we walked to the cache and found it.

It was after sunset

This library does not look any special from the outside, but I would be curious to see inside, most probably most books are in Chinese. I've been to bookstores here, but they sell new books and they look similar everywhere, but old ones they can be really interesting. Maybe one day I'll have a chance to visit during working hours.

So this is how the library looks from outside:

I could guess the time when it was built.
In general in Taiwan there is a busy nightlife all around the year so any urban caches you can expect muggles all over the place. There was a small street next to the building where we started searching and of course every 20 second someone just came along, so I had to use the good old 'tie your shoe' trick which worked just fine.

You will understand this is not a spoiled of which bench you'll find it under.
There were multiple benches in front of the library and as the location is between high buildings GPS was not the most accurate to go after, the hint gave us the potential locations. After looking for a while in the dark even with the flashlight it was not easy to spot, but as soon as I used to use my hand to try to feel it I found it. As you see on the closer picture of the cache it was a nano, magnetic hide, of course black.

A closer look at the magnetic nano and the logroll. 
I mentioned the logroll on purpose, as I also gave a FAVO just for the way it is held in size to make sure it fits and easy to roll to the correct size. Maybe he also saw it but for me it was the first place to see such idea, I'll use it from now on. All you need is a pipe, that is smaller than the internal of the container. The pipe has to have some flexibility for easy handling, cut it in its length and done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geocache: Tree branch

Geocache: Get the film out of the pipe

Geocache: Underground TB Hotel