Geocache: at the rent-a-bike

Close to the 101 in Taipei, Taiwan
After a few days and some geocaches (really not many, but I took pictures of all of them...), I had to learn a few things of Taiwan. One of them that the muggles here does not care much about anything, they are there, but they do not even look at you while you are searching, they do not look curious at all, so here is the story of this one.

After dinner and a night market and a few kilometers walking around towards the 101, I kept on checking if there are any caches close by to make a detour.

101
Finally this one showed up to be on the route, so let's go. It was raining, started to get heavy as well, which later stopped us from going after another one. So while waiting at red light to cross the street I read the details, the hint, getting ready for the search. It said it'll be at the biggest bicycle rental place, great, I started to worry, biggest usually mean crowded.


There were enough for rent for sure.

... as we walked closer I had to realize this is Taiwan, everyone is afraid of some rain. As you can see on the image above most of the bikes were just standing there. Not sure if I would be brave to ride a bike in the traffic here, some places have bicycle lanes, but the cars does not seem to care too much of others. As I was sitting in taxis, shuttles every day and saw and felt how they travel, no thanks.


We got to the scene, and from a distance we already spotted a couple at about the coordinates where the GPS was leading us. oh... now what? wait in this big rain? As we were walking closer they did not care, they were busy exchanging body liquids from each others mouth, so no worries of those muggles.

Some search, walk all around... I started to worry that maybe one of them will dry out as they seemed to be standing like a statue. Focus on the cache, if they fall while searching we'll call an ambulance after I signed the cache. Reading the hint, talking about flip and flap bricks... hm. I only see big ones, and not sure if I start flipping and flapping that will do any good. Read again. Maybe it is a bit further, and yes following the hint a bit better, and stepping on the grass there they go, after the second flap I saw it.


Such a big one in the middle of Taipei.
So I took it out. Let me quickly mention there was a huge traffic on the street next to us, but they did not care, some pedestrians also passed by, but they were focused on how not to get wet. So grab and sign and put back as it was and walk away.


A closer look at the cache.
Let me mention we took a quick look at the couple to make sure they are still alive, and then walked away. Not a single muggle looked at us, none. Try this in a same situation in the Netherlands, they might even call the cops on us, but at least they would observe what we are doing.

As we walked further I saw these color changing not sure what they were, but I think it is nice to share with you.


Blue is nice.

Or is this color better?
Not much time to waste in front of them as the rain started to get even worse.

Before I wrote this blog post I already uploaded the collage to instagram, and as I also tagged Taipei, Taiwan on the post I started to receive many likes from locals. Thank you very much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geocache: Tree branch

Geocache: Get the film out of the pipe

Geocache: Underground TB Hotel