Geocache: In the fence pole

Any place is a good one to hide a geocache. This one was part of a serie in the Netherlands, and during the search we were suspecting one to be in the hole on the top of a pole which was part of the fence... and there you go there was a hide just as we hoped for.

The geocache with some real plants in the hole.
I keep on thinking how these holes form? Are they man made? If yes, for what to help the pole to rot from the inside, but what is that good for? If no, then who took the parts out? Maybe one day I will learn the answer till that I keep on geocachnig and try to find more of these easy ones and some harder ones as well.

A closeer picture of the container with the land the fence was guarding.
I like to interact with animals, so when I'm geocaching in such environment I'm always hoping to have animals on the other side of the geocache, maybe some cows, or some sheeps or at least a horse, there is always at least one which is curious and would come closer and let me take a few pictures, if I'm lucky migth even hold the container for me.

There is the pole with the geocache, that biggest one.
On this serie I was hoping for a hide under one of the bridges and this looked like a perfect bridge, but nope not under this one. (There was one, you'll see later, and that one was the one you hide to increase the diff level...)

'T LAND sign on the gate.
Recently I was over in the United Kingdom and many house, farm, land had names every small park or a few trees had names, so I started to see if it is any idea used in the Netherlands, and finally I found one, the name on a gate.

The road to cycle on.
And off we go to the next geocache. It is a great fun to do these series compared to random geocaches as they are mostly planted on the route where you can enjoy the scenerey. Thanks for the CO for the hide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geocache: Tree branch

Geocache: Get the film out of the pipe

Geocache: Underground TB Hotel