Geocache: Hiding in ivy

Most ivy hides are evil. The reason is mostly as ivy grows fast and all over the place, and mostly covers a huge area. When I see in the hint the key work ivy I already start to worry, but at the end you will just be lucky if you keep on searching.

When you found it it is easy to take a picture.
On my first picture you can see the tiny little geocache on some ivy. Of course it was not there in open for everyone to easily spot.

Hiding in the ivy.
As you can see it was in the ivy, but with most ivy hides you would expect to be between the leaves, but not in this case. It was really smart to hide it between the roots of the ivy, first time I met with this technic.

THe tree with the ivy hiding the geocache
 This geocache was hidden in Bracknell (UK) on a road I did not see any sign of heavy traffic at all. Air was clean, thanks to all the huge trees the temperature was also comfortable for the hike to the geocache and on the way to the next one.

The nice and big tree guarding the tiny geocache.

Some water
It could be some creek flowing away close to the geocache, did not see it on my map at all. I wonder what is the smallest creek they put on maps, this could just be big enough if the sides are slippery and muddy for smaller kids not to cross if no bridge.

The road leading away from the geocache.
 It looks like the road is in use, but most probably not on weekends. This is a perfect example of which areas are easier for geocachers on given days. Maybe we should recommend changing difficulties on geocaches based on time frames. I have a hide I'm holding back before activating which is close to a flooding river, it is no more than 2.5 when it is low water levels, but at least 5 when it is flooding.

Beautiful flowers you can come across everywhere while geocaching.
 One of the best part of geocaching as a game is that while you are out in the nature or even in urban areas you can see and meet all different plants and animals. The spring is the best time for blooming plants, lots of flowers all different colors everywhere.

A closer picture of the flowers.
I remember when I was young I collected flowers and plants, it was part of biology class, and it was fun to a level. Back then they told us to collect only ones that are common and never take any which is rare, protected or close to extinction. Easy instructions these were, but how would you know, you see a nice flower, say wow how cool and pick, and just got the last piece of a plant in that forest. Lucky for everyone nowadays you can collect them without killing them, I really love this way a lot better and encourage everyone to take pictures of them also to get the coordinates stored on the pictures so if anyone wants to see and find it back could do it easier. I wish I knew all the names of these flowers, maybe one day I'll start looking them up and adding them to these blogs I write.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geocache: Tree branch

Geocache: Get the film out of the pipe

Geocache: Underground TB Hotel