Geocache: Under the branches

Now this one is a very common hiding technic. I should have showed a few of these previously, but somehow I just found one yesterday and immediately I decided to share. Mostly I share finds a lot later to make it harder to trace back which hide it could be. Or wait a second... this blog is actually a blog with spoiler images... So here we go...

See it? It is hiding under those branches
If the hint already contains the fact that you need to search under some branches you should not have hard time finding the cache. So the thing is most geocachers I have met so far are humans and also lazy to some level, so when it is under something like small branches it will be covered with branches, but only to the point that it is barely visible. Humans do that with placing the object above in such a way that it is the least effort to put them there. Just look above, most are paralel, have you ever seen fallen branches just all around the place? Were they paralell? or placed close to each others? I guess no.

Next to the tree
Most of the times the branches are really visible from a distance so it should be an easy find. Some cases I met before there were bigger pieces also, but the concept is always the same, the branches are organized above the geocache. Another helpful thing is that this technic is mainly used in bushes or forests or just where you have a few tree. As the location from end of spring is really covered with vegetation the mostly human geocachers will cut through straight to the geocache. Now that straight is sometimes the longest path, but as the first one goes and leaves the footsteps behind the rest will see it and in the hope of the shortest route they will all follow.

Walking towards the geocache
This geocahce was on the way home from a travel bug drop off. That bug is already a story in itself. I picked it up in Pécs, Hungary on a request from a CO of the TB Hotel. She asked me, please please take that one, and as many more as I want, but that for sure... I visited the TB hotel which is in a bar, when I'm in Pécs I always stop by, there are a few bugs there all the time and I swap some, get a drink if with friends we play table soccer. So we went, we picked it up. Oh boy, it was long and heavy and big and rusty. Ok, how would I bring it with me if I came with an airplane? Lucky for me and the TB I was not with the plane. So I wanted to give it a chance and visited a TB hotel closby, the first we ever found and I promised myself I'll be back later. Ok, I was back, guess what I forgot to take?

... I forgot to take some pictures, that TB hotel is a really nice one. Never mind, I have a reason to visit once more, there is another geocache a few meters away I'll need to find that as well on the next visit.

Fire? or what?
While walking back to the car we spotted something amazing, see the flames above the glass houses? In the middle of the picture above. No, ok, then you have really good eyes, it only looks like flames but it is actually not flames.

Once more the flame?
Here is one more picture, it still looks like a flame, doesn't it? So that is the heating system of the glass houses, and that is normally some white smoke or humid air maybe, but no flame. It is colored this way by the sun this is just cool, isn't it?

Many thanks for the owner for maintaining this geocache, and also to have a pen in the geocache, that is also not the most common nowadays with all the small geocaches.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geocache: Tree branch

Geocache: Get the film out of the pipe

Geocache: Underground TB Hotel