Logbook: Hexagons

When it comes to logbooks, log sheets, log rolls, it is sometimes gets boring if you see all the same ones in the caches. This made me start thinking, when you have a small plastic jar, that is round what should you put in as a log? When I say small I mean it is like less than an inch. So most would roll up some paper and there you go. I was thinking more out of the box, and came up with an idea, let's make it different, so here is a solution:



Looks different, and needs some extra work, these are many hexagons next to each others, and can be folded into one nice and easy to fit into our round bottle.

The way I created it was not the easiest way, but at the end what it is that counts. So all you need is a piece of paper, a silhouette cutter and you are set. The image is after the pattern was cut and I removed the extra paper from the cutting mat. At this stage it looks nice, but let me show you how it comes off the cutting mat.



Looks messy, after trying to lay it out it'll look a bit better:



Time to fold it, that will help a lot:



I prefer to make them tight into the cache, that way when you pull it out it unfolds nicely and you'll for sure remember the first time you meet these logs.



After thinking some more, I replaced the first image above with a more fancy one. What I did was first print things on both sides of the paper then put it into the cutter, the end is a lot more fun then just a plain white paper.

I created a downloadable pdf which you can print double sided to get the results as seen on the first image.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geocache: Tree branch

Geocache: Get the film out of the pipe

Geocache: Underground TB Hotel