Geocahe: plastic vials

The fun in geocaching when you start hiding is that you not only start to see where a hide could fit, but what you could convert to a cahce. Unfortunate but true to most geocachers the safest is to hide a smaller container, that is where I started, and below are some ideas how to do it with vials used in centrifigures.


Vials
Just to summarize the ones you see on the image above. The top two are non twist cap and the easiest to get damaged and log would get wet. I stopped using these. The bottom two on the right are also none twist cap ones, I use them (not only as I ordered a bag of 100) they are easy to handle, and close tight after multiple use. The two on the left bottom are the latest I found online have twist cap, I use just started using them, mainly with magnets to better keep them in position.

So here are a few ways of getting them a magnet:
The vial and a magnet
Magnet glued to the bottom of the fial, keep it in mind
that this will stick to the object with the end of it.

When dried I used gray tape to camouflage.
You can stick the magnet also to the side,
into the cap or as in above example to the bottom.

You can use them without magnets as well, depending on the location where you try to hide them. See some more of them below:



 Later I'll add pictures taken after they were out in the wild for a while. Mostly in urban areas, on traffic signs, other metal ojects, etc. I would highly not recommend to hide this size out in a tree, forest, etc. Remember that you want others to start playing not stop after all the hard time you gave them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geocache: Tree branch

Geocache: Get the film out of the pipe

Geocache: Underground TB Hotel