Logroll: for nano containers

When you hide a geocache you run into the question of what to put into your cache. Amongst many items there is one which is a must, a logbook. You can find ones online, order, pay, place in your cache. Yeah... that's easy... but if you want your cache to be more unique you can create your own logbook. It is always more fun for me to find a cache where the logbook also has something to remember. Another reason that could lead you to create your own logbooks is to keep your cost low on your hide;especially if you have many to maintain.
Let me show you some of my logbook, how I made them and for some of them you can also download the template you can customize and print for yourself.
Let's start with the smallest and go towards biggers.

Nano cache logrolls:

The nano caches you can buy starts with the small magnetic containers that has lots of potentials, they fit anywhere. The size of the logbook - let's call it a logroll - is 7mm wide and as it needs to be rolled up and placed inside the container is usually around 30cm, I use the A4 size paper printed as landscape.
You need to print it doublesided, and when printed you need to cut. Earlier I used a cutter, but now I use a cutting board, a metal (steel as that is stronger and last longer) ruler and a cutting blade which is really sharp. Some extra hint is to use a better printer if available to you that can print more precisely after turning over the paper; it is better if the printer has a built in duplexer.
To enhance the logrolls you might want to glue some steel wire to one end of it. That will stick to the magnet at the bottom of the container.


Here you go...how I made them:

The front
The back
After cutting them
With the metal wire glued to them
Different phases, with the wire, wire cut to size, started to roll, rolled up and taped
It is important to make it as tight as possible when rolling up, so it fits easily into the container. I always stick a small transparant tape to keep the roll together till I finally place the cache into the fields. Cachers not always carry things to nicely cut the tape, I had caches where they almost destroyed just to sign ...


Some ready together
As you can see above they are really small at the end, and I always have a few with me in my geocaching bag, in some areas where geocaching is really an active game these logrolls fill up fast, and it helps the COs if you can replace the roll.

If you want to print these, you can print my template from here. Be sure to properly align the print on your printer, and print it double sided.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geocache: Tree branch

Geocache: Get the film out of the pipe

Geocache: Underground TB Hotel