Geocache: small box camouflaged

It is always a big question where and how to hide a cache?
It is hard to guess which place will be safe, if it is in your confort zone, you can observ the location you might make the best guess. If you are hiding your first few caches, you'll most probably do exactly as I do, camouflage as good as you can, find such a spot where you do not expect anyone to hang around.
As part of the game you also want to show people some places where there is something to see, and most people would just drive by daily and not even notice.

The below cache is one of those, I walked the area for locations, as it is a serie where someone can just cycle around I needed it to be close enough to a bicycle lane. I walked, it was cold, dark and snow was falling, ideal for xmas, but not yet xmas. So here is how the cache looks like after I finished it:


A camouflaged plastic box to hang up in a tree.
As my first question would be what is it made out of here is a picture of the box as untouched:



My second question would be, what fit in there? Here you go:



I saw it somewhere that how much nicer and cleaner a cache inside if the trade items are packed in small plastic bags I used them here. So inventory for the start:

  • A self bound hard cover logbook, with printed instructions on what it is (the guide you can generate online on geocaching.com)
  • A keyholder from Singapore, I had so many of them, they were the same price if I bought 50 or 6, so guess what ...
  • A jumpy from Kaufland in Germany, some time back they gave one during the soccer championship by every 10€ or so spent, I have a few to trade here and there.
  • A stamp, many kids love there, mine also loved when they were young. When I see any in a cahce I always stamp one into my geocaching notepad.
  • And finally a pen that looks like a match, I got these from Asia, ordered online really cheap, but unfortunately it is no longer available at that cheap price, so I keep an eye open on them they fit perfectly into a petling as well. 

I won't tell you in which cache I used this one to keep the fun in the game, but hope you like the idea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Geocache: Tree branch

Geocache: Get the film out of the pipe

Geocache: Underground TB Hotel